We appreciate your support and prayers for those affected by Hurricane Florence, including the people of Wilmington!
We would love to host you and your team in Wilmington and we are partnering with other area churches, to provide a volunteer staging site.
Volunteers of all skill levels are needed. The type of work primarily includes debris removal, chainsaw work, and what is called ‘mucking out’ work, which includes, but is not limited to, the following:
– Tree removal and hauling
– Tearing out sheet rock and insulation
– Ripping up flooring
– Removing debris
– Moving furniture and appliances
– General cleaning
– Yard work
– Drywall hanging and finishing (later in the recovery)
A Volunteer Staging Site has been set up at Christ the King Church, PCA. All volunteers will register with MNA Disaster Response and will be mobilized by the MNA Disaster Response Facilitator; once scheduled, volunteer teams will report in to the Volunteer Staging Site to receive work orders. Our contact to schedule work teams with MNA Disaster Relief is Sherry Lanier (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please contact Sherry directly to add your team to the work site schedule! Please click here to access the online portal for volunteer registration. Each volunteer must register.
ACCOMMODATIONS FOR OVERNIGHT TEAMS
The Volunteer Staging Site provides 24 bedding spaces per day. These bedding spaces are available on a ‘first come first served’ basis. These slots are assigned by the Disaster Response Facilitator when the Team is scheduled. All teams arriving the night before serving are asked to arrive by 8:00 p.m. All volunteers will meet with the site manager at 7:30 a.m. for work assignments for the day.
– There is a shower trailer on-site.
– Breakfast and lunch is provided by teams, dinner is provided by our churches.
– Volunteers should provide either their own air mattress (with bedding) or sleeping bags, cots are suggested but not provided.
– There is no charge to stay at the church.